Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ding dong the witch is dead.....

And another one will take his place. While every part of me is glad Bin Laden is now dead, and so much of me knows he deserved worse than death. The vengeful part of me thinks why kill him why not capture him and kill his family and wipe out his nation? Not very becoming of me i realize! But that's hooah for ya! Other parts of me has to think, what does this mean? What does this mean for our boys? While we all rejoice our boys are over there facing the unknown, we have no idea what is going to happen. While some may rejoice, some may revolt. As an Army wife do you ever feel so damn selfish for repeatedly thanking God that it isn't YOUR husband over there? Because i do sometimes, right now is one of those times. One of my friends status' reads "we are fighting a movement not just a man." Those are just the words i was looking for, once it hit me his death was true. We just made a big step, but now i fear that step is going to make things worse before it makes things better. I'll be working the Lazarus tomorrow and i will attend the noon mass. When i do, to the friends that are over there, to the friends who are going and to the friends who are here at home waiting on their loved ones. You best believe i will be on my knees tomorrow at noon rosary in hand praying for you. And it will be my voice that says "for our guys n gals deployed and deploying, for the extra strength to deal with the aftermath. And for their loved ones left here at home. Lord hear our prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment