Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Faith, Memories, n St. Anthony

I've said it before and i will continue to say, i do not know how i would live without my faith. Daily my dear sweet Jesus answers my prayers and continues to give me signs. Last Sunday, i was speaking with some fellow ccd teachers about a problem one of them is having. I told her of a similar problem we are having and as soon as we can afford a lawyer we will get it taken care of but until then we are tired and simply cannot fight anymore. So i go into mass with the boys and an older couple sits next to us in the pew. All through mass the man kept smiling at me. I was assuming because of how well behaved my boys were and how well they participated in the mass. As mass ends and we are standing to leave the man turns to me and says, let me just give you my card darlin and i want you to know if i can ever help you in any way..... I immediately knew this was the work of the Lord. I could barely speak because i was in the middle of this epiphany lol so i just nodded n said thank you. Afterwards was the Seder supper so we went on into the hall and got situated. We went through the seder and then lined up to receive our lamb. The gentleman who had spoken to me was standing behind me so i turned to him and explained that i didn't mean to be rude earlier but that....and explained what i just told you. He told me never to mind he understood, so we began talking and he asked questions about our "issue." When i was done i told him we would love to get advice from him but we couldn't afford the actual work done yet however i believed God sent him to me for a reason so when we could afford it he would be our guy. He looked and me and he said ma'am your husband is in the military is he not? Well yes, i replied. And then he told me of some of his works in helping out military personnel throughout the years being something he likes to do. So i am to call him this week. INCREDIBLE! When i told Jacob he was working so he listened and we had to hang up. About five minutes later (i'm guessing around the time it sank in) He text me "babe, God is so good to us" and he's right.
Today was one of my days volunteering at the Lazarus and i of course had a time. I love that place, i believe it's in my make up to be a helpful person. Volunteering makes me feel happier and healthier and i never seem to tire of it. I will so dearly miss my times with my church family, especially my Miss Mary. Today i spent a bit of time following her around instead of actually getting down to the real work Lol and she didn't seem to mind. I think she knows i'm starting to get sad to leave her. We were going through some ccd stuff getting ready for the first communion kids tonight to decorate their boards for first communion, and we came across some tiny books of saints and she gave me two of them which she had blessed by the Pope when she was in New York. YAY! Lol Everyone that knows me knows that these are types of things i treasure. Mementos given by friends, memories for me to put around the house. I have never been one to decorate normally. I like better to surround myself in memories, things with meaning not with a designer name;)
Also today the saddest thing happened to all who believe i ask for prayers to St. Anthony. A man who does maintenance around the church had his wallet stolen and inside of it was a plastic bag containing a lock of his deceased wifes hair and a  letter she wrote him along with her drivers license. He keeps them on him to give him strength and i watched him break down today in tears. We searched around hoping they would have tossed the bag because it was of no worth but we had no luck. Because of the Lazarus and the fact that our church is open to the homeless for meals and a place to rest and watch some t.v. in the hall leaves the chance that the people coming in may steal from us. And they do, Father had written a check out and laid it on the church office counter for the bookeeper and it to came up missing around the same time:( So i will be praying and i ask you to as well that whoever did this possibly would have tossed these items. The check would have been no good to them since the name was already made out on it. And the items of the mans wife would also be of no use:( My heart goes out to him i know what it's like to attatch yourself to something that seems petty because you connect it with a lost loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment