Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The types of days i live for

Let me just start with, I hate allergies. And allergies down here are so much worse! However, I have had an incredible day with my children and i loved it. These are the days i live for, the days i won't get back so i choose not to waste. We went to Jonah's ballgame at 1730 and he did AWESOME. I was pleased to witness Jonah's grand slam of the day. And he was all to pleased to grin for me in the dugout afterwords.Afterwards we went to Family fishing night at Russ pond. Where we were doin pretty good but we weren't catching anything. A couple was next to us and the man came over and was so kind and helpful he explained to the kids they needed to take their bobbers off and fish on the bottom. It was moments after this tip that they atarted reelin em in. It was so kind of them to help, it made me remember why i love living on post. I love the unity and the brotherhood, there is something about these men that makes them want to help out each others wives. I have watched Jacob do it countless times, notice a wife alone with her kids and make the effort to help out. I didn't even know this couple and Jacob rarely knows the women he helps out. Which makes it all the more amazing and treasurable. Moments like these make your heart swell up with pride for you husband his career and his country. Because of Jacob that man helped me. He knew that Jacob couldn't be here to help us so he decided to take a few moments away from his own children to help us. And i would like to believe that he did it in the faith that while he is gone someone will do the same for his wife. The most common question i am asked by civilians is "do you miss your family" and i always say something like yes, but you get used to it. Simply because i don't know how to explain to them the family we have. The ability to make friends move and start again. But we do it easily because we all have a common bond, all of our husbands are heroes. All of our husbands stir emotion inside the hearts of our hometown. It's an incredible feeling to be SO proud of your husband and know that the entire country is as well. Getting back to my kiddos though, we fished and giggled and had a blast. We had so much fun the three of us that when Jonah hooked me and about ripped my thumb off we laughed right through it. Then we came home and watched Lemonade Mouth a movie they have been waiting to see and snuggled. I love days like this, days that end in contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment